*** All Content on this page is curtesy of Lifeline Sciences and TMJ Health ***
Do you have TMJ Disorder?
Temporomandibular Joint Disorders, or TMJD, are a group of painful conditions that affect the jaw joint and surrounding muscles and nerves. Although TMJD is not life threatening, it can be detrimental to quality of life since the symptoms can become chronic and difficult to manage. People with TMJ disorders may exhibit a variety of symptoms including:
- Pain in the chewing muscles and/or jaw joint
- Radiating pain in the face, jaw or neck
- Jaw muscle stiffness
- Aching pain in and around ears
- Difficulty chewing or discomfort while chewing
- Limited movement or locking jaw
- Painful clicking, popping or grinding in the jaw joint when opening or closing the mouth
- Headaches or Migraines
- A change in the way the upper and lower teeth fit together
There is a better solution
The TMJ NextGeneration™ Device is a medical device that treats the TM joint at its nearest access point - the ear canal. It consists of two custom-made, hollow ear canal inserts that fit in the ear canals. Because they are hollow, the inserts permit full passage of sound. When in place, the devices rest in the outer part of the ear canal and have small retraction posts that allow for easy removal. The device is easy for the patient to insert and remove. When inserted in the ear it is practically invisible from the outside.